Everything you wanted to know about Vibration in and around Structures but were afraid to ask.
HGC Engineering is offering this free 3-part webinar series on Vibration Fundamentals and Design Strategies in the Built Environment running every two weeks until May 25th. This online educational program was developed by our vibration engineering experts to meet the practical design and mitigation needs of developers, construction and architectural industry professionals, structural engineers, and municipal planning and regulatory authorities. At 30 minutes each (plus Q&A), these webinar sessions are designed to be short, but informative. Take a break with us while you work from home or office, and you’re guaranteed to pick up some “good vibration” knowledge you can use without taking up a lot of your time.
Webinar #1: Structural Vibration
Vibration in structures is important for human comfort and productivity, and the health and performance of equipment and instrumentation. This webinar will present the following:
• What are the fundamentals of structural vibration?
• Important vibration considerations during building design
• Applicable vibration criteria
• Guidelines for vibration evaluation and mitigation in existing buildings
This webinar took place April 27th at 12:30 PM EST/10:30 AM MST
Presenter: Brian Howe, Principal and President @HGC Engineering
Webinar #2: Construction Vibration
Learn the basics of construction vibration. How builders and developers can protect themselves from unintentionally impacting neighboring buildings and structures. Many municipalities are mandating the assessment of construction vibration and builders are seeking to avoid frivolous complaints and practical measures to protect adjacent heritage infrastructure or vibration-sensitive facilities. This webinar will present the fundamentals of construction vibration assessment including criteria, prediction, measurement and monitoring.
• Why is the assessment of construction vibration important?
• How to identify potential construction vibration concerns?
• How are typical assessments completed?
• A practical approach to measurements and monitoring
It took place May 11th at 12:30 PM EST/10:30 AM MST
Presenter: Nick McCabe, Senior Associate @HGC Engineering
Webinar #3: Vibration from Transportation Networks
Urban intensification is leading to sensitive uses being located closer to transportation networks (in, around, below, etc.), which can impact occupants of adjacent buildings (human comfort and health). This webinar will cover vibration issues of relevance to building developers and transportation designers.
• Fundamentals of ground-borne noise and vibration
• When are ground-borne vibration assessments required?
• What factors influence the propagation of ground-borne vibration?
• Vibration considerations during building and transportation system design
Join us for this 30-minute webinar followed by a short Q&A.
It will take place May 25th at 12:30 PM EST/10:30 AM MST
Presenter: Ian Bonsma, Senior Associate and Manager Western Region @HGC Engineering