Location: London, Ontario
Architects: architects Tillmann Ruth Robinson
Owner/Operator: Western University
Western University’s LEED Silver, 130,000 square foot teaching facility, houses the Arthur Labatt Family School of Nursing and the Faculty of Information and Media Studies. The building features computer laboratories, media studies studios, flexible instructional spaces, clinical training laboratories (nursing simulations) and faculty and staff offices. HGC Engineering conducted a comprehensive acoustical review of the University facility including building systems and the various educational and administrative spaces to be used by the two diverse faculties.
Acoustical Consulting Services Included:
- Environmental Noise and Vibration Study
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, Pumps, Compactors, Generators, etc)
- Vibration Isolation of Sensitive Equipment
- Acoustical Privacy Between classrooms, offices, labs, studios, meeting rooms etc.
- Noise and Vibration Control of Common Spaces
- Site Inspections