Location: Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Developer: Monarch Group
Architects: Graziani + Corazza Architects
Waterview is a resort-like community of high-end condominiums on the shores of Toronto’s Humber Bay. HGC Engineering designed comprehensive noise and vibration control solutions for this multi-residential development. In the design phase of the project, we reviewed drawings and identified potential sources of noise and vibration throughout the development, particularly from mechanical systems, and then proposed cost-effective remedies.
We recommended appropriate construction methods and materials to control both noise and vibration as set by building code requirements and developer expectations. We also assessed environmental noise from nearby traffic and industrial sources to determine their impact on the project and its future occupants.
Our responsibilities also included assessment of vibration due to construction and Ontario Tarion Builder Bulletin 19 compliance reviews and certification.
Acoustical Consulting Services Included:
- Environmental Noise and Vibration Study
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, Pumps, Compactors,Generators, etc)
- Acoustical Privacy Between Suites
- Noise and Vibration Control of Amenity Spaces (Aquatic and Fitness Centres, Party Rooms, etc)
- Façade and Glazing Specification
- Tarion Bulletin 19 compliance reviews and certification
- Shop Drawing Review