Toronto Rehabilitation Institute is a member of the University Health Network and the largest rehabilitation hospital in Canada. Completed in 2012, this 13-storey state of the art facility, contains 216,000 square feet of new construction to house patient care, research and education facilities. It also features about 65,000 square feet of renovated and newly constructed space dedicated to the iDAPT Centre for Rehabilitation Research, a world-first facility where technologies and treatments to enhance the lives of people who are aging, ill or injury are tested in simulated environments
HGC Engineering provided acoustical assistance through design development, and analysis and monitoring of construction vibrations during excavation, including impacts on the adjacent Mount Sinai Hospital. We also assisted in the resolution of several issues during commissioning where acoustical specifications were not initially achieved.
Acoustical Engineering Services Delivered Include:
- Acoustics and Vibration Isolation of Specialized Research Labs
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, Pumps, Compactors, Generators, etc)
- Vibration Isolation of Sensitive Equipment
- Acoustical Privacy Between patient care areas, offices, labs, meeting rooms etc.
- Structural Vibration Assessment
- Environmental Noise and Vibration Studies
- Sound transmission class (STC) Testing
- Construction Vibration Monitoring