Location: Toronto, Canada
Developer: Context Development
HGC Engineering designed comprehensive noise and vibration control solutions for this residential high-rise loft conversion of a well known former Art Deco textile factory centrally located by the Toronto Lakeshore.
In the design phase of the project, we reviewed drawings and identified potential sources of noise and vibration throughout the development, particularly from mechanical systems, and then proposed cost-effective remedies.
We recommended appropriate construction methods and materials to control both noise and vibration as set by building code requirements and developer expectations. We also assessed environmental noise from nearby traffic and airport sources to determine their impact on the project and its future occupants.
Acoustical Consulting Services Included:
- Environmental Noise and Vibration Study
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, Pumps, Compactors, Generators, etc)
- Acoustical Privacy Between Suites
- Noise and Vibration Control of Amenity Spaces (Fitness Centres, Party Rooms, etc)
- Structural Vibration Assessment
- Façade and Glazing Specification
- Shop Drawing Review
- Site Inspections