The L Tower rises 58 floors and is home to 593 condos. It is on the southwest corner of Yonge St. and The Esplanade and shoots up into the sky with a dramatic streamlined curved profile. The project designer is famed architect Daniel Libeskind, best known for NYC’s new One World Trade Center and TO’s ROM addition. The L Tower was a part of the redevelopment of the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, and serves as a bridge between the skyscrapers of the Financial district to the west and the historic cultural character of the St. Lawrence neighborhood to the east. The project is also LEED Gold certified for energy efficiency. HGC provided comprehensive acoustical engineering services to the project including construction vibration monitoring and acoustical input into a rehearsal space in the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts.
Acoustical Engineering Services Delivered Include:
- Subway Noise and Vibration Feasibility Study
- Building Acoustical Review
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC and Electrical Systems)
- Acoustical Privacy Between Suites
- Noise and Vibration Control of Amenity Spaces (Fitness Centres, Party Rooms, etc)
- Façade and Glazing Specification