Saviour of the World Chinese Catholic Parish
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Architects: Young & Wright Architects (Now part of IBI Group)
The Saviour of the World Chinese Catholic Mission is a traditional Catholic church augmented with elements of Chinese architectural form in keeping with the congregation’s ethnicity.
The architectural layout of the Church is based on the ancient prototype of the Roman and early Christian basilica, an oblong building with long double colonnades dividing the interior lengthwise into a central nave flanked by side aisles.
HGC Engineering used acoustical treatments to control reverberation and noise for this 23,000-square-foot place of worship.
Acoustical Consulting Services Included:
- Environmental Noise and Vibration Study
- Acoustic Assessment and Design Optimization of Main Sancturary
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, etc)
- Acoustical Privacy Between studies, offices, confessionals, meeting rooms etc.
- Noise and Vibration Control of Common Spaces