RBC Waterpark Place III
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Developer: Oxford Properties
Architects: WZMH Architects
This 30 storey, 930,000 ft² building was the first office tower in Toronto to target LEED Platinum. Advanced “Green + Platinum” features include EnWave deep lake water cooling and a high-performance building envelope that incorporates acoustical vision glazing. A dedicated outdoor air system is used for ventilation, and an independent variable air volume system for delivering the heating and cooling. HGC was responsible for comprehensive base-building acoustical engineering. We also conducted traffic noise and glazing studies and undertook construction vibration assessment and monitoring. We did a structural assessment of a potential second floor fitness centre and have been responsible for the major tenant’s building fit-out acoustics. The fit-out consulting included acoustically designing the main tenant’s showcase ground floor 1000-person capacity partionable auditorium, and the 31st floor executive conference and amenity centres.
Furthermore, due to delays in connecting and implementing the Deep Lake Water System, Enwave set up two 400 ton diesel run chillers in a parkette next to the building in order to cool the building in the interim. As a result, HGC conducted noise studies on the chillers to determine their compliance with city and MOE guidelines.
Ongoing Acoustical Consulting Services Include:
- Environmental Noise and Vibration Study
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, Pumps, Compactors,Generators, etc)
- Acoustical Privacy Between Offices, Meeting Rooms
- Noise and Vibration Control of Amenity Spaces
- Structural Vibration Assessment
- Sound transmission class (STC) Testing
- Vibration Monitoring During Construction
- Façade and Glazing Specification