HGC Engineering designed comprehensive noise and vibration control solutions for this 70 floor prestige landmark residential high-rise development at the corner of Yonge and Bloor, one of the most active and prominent intersections in the city of Toronto. Bloor St. itself remains Canada’s most exclusive retail strip, and the 37th most expensive in the world, according to Colliers International. In keeping with its prime retail location, the base of One Bloor East also includes 100,000 square feet of retail space.
In the design phase of the project, we reviewed drawings and identified potential sources of noise and vibration throughout the development, particularly from mechanical systems, and then proposed cost-effective remedies.
We also recommended appropriate construction methods and materials to control both noise and vibration as set by building code requirements and developer expectations. At the onset, we assessed environmental noise from nearby traffic and subway sources to determine their impact on the project and its future occupants. We also conducted vibration monitoring during construction.
At a later date we provided Tarion Bulletin 19 compliance reviews and certification.
Acoustical Engineering Services Delivered Include:
- Subway Noise and Vibration Feasibility Study
- Building Acoustical Review
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, Pumps, Compactors, Generators, etc)
- Acoustical Privacy Between Suites
- Noise and Vibration Control of Amenity Spaces (Aquatic and Fitness Centres, Party Rooms, etc)
- Window Acoustical Review
- Façade and Glazing Specification
- Vibration Monitoring During Construction
- Structural Vibration Assessment
- Finite Element Modelling of Subway Vibration Transmission
- Ground-Borne Vibration Mitigation
- Building Vibration Isolation
- Tarion Bulletin 19 Compliance Reviews and Certification