Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Architects: Tillman Ruth Mocellin, (now Tillman Ruth Robinson), Wasylko Architects
London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) is a major university hospital and medical research facility located in London, Ontario. It is an active treatment, acute care, research and teaching hospital.
HGC Engineering has long worked with LHSC on many projects that has included the design of building services and recommendations to limit noise and vibration. We have investigated the source of excessive vibration as part of assessment of location suitability for vibrationally sensitive MRI equipment and provided recommendations to reduce vibration and improve the acoustics in this large and well-respected healthcare institution.
Acoustical Consulting Services Included:
- Environmental Noise and Vibration Studies
- Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) testing and Analysis
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, Pumps, Compactors, Generators, etc)
- Vibration Isolation of Sensitive Equipment
- Acoustical Privacy Between classrooms, offices, labs, meeting rooms etc.
- Noise and Vibration Control of Common Spaces
- Structural Vibration Assessment
- Auditorium Acoustics