Hotel X is a 26-storey boutique luxury hotel fully integrated with a sports, entertainment and business conference complex, being built on the grounds of Exhibition Place in downtown Toronto. The development will feature a unique Conference Centre and Cinematech that will cater to the needs of the city’s film industry. The multifunctional bi-level Cinematech will include a 294 seat stadium style theatre, two 60+ seat screening rooms and a fully-functional film editing room. The Conference area will have 13,000 sq. ft. of meeting rooms and pre-function space.
Moreover, The Hotel and Complex will also feature a Sports Club and Spa with amenities that will include:
- A 9,100 sq. ft. Spa with Terrace and Private Gym
- Swimming Pool
- Weights/Cardio/Physical Therapy Centre
- Yoga/Dance/Pilates Centre
- 10 squash courts
- 4 indoor Tennis Courts
Early in construction the archeological remains of an old barracks long buried under a parking lot was uncovered. As a result an extensive portion of the stone foundation walls of the building – built in the 1840s to house British soldiers – along with period artifacts will be covered with glass and used as a walkway entrance to the hotel. HGC undertook vibration monitoring during the shoring and excavation process to ensure no damage was done to the stone foundations and still surviving Stanley Barracks.
We are providing complete acoustical engineering services for the hotel complex.
Acoustical Engineering Services Completed and to be Delivered Include:
- Building Acoustical Review
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, Pumps, Compactors,Generators, etc)
- Acoustical Privacy Between Suites
- Noise and Vibration Control of Amenity Spaces (Cinemas, Pool, Spa, Gym, Fitness and Sports Complex, Conference and Meeting Areas, Restaurants, etc.) In particular Noise and Vibration intrusion into the cinemas and conference areas from other amenity spaces
- Architectural Acoustics of Cinemas
- Acoustics of, and Privacy between Conference Centre Meeting Rooms
- Window Acoustical Review
- Façade and Glazing Specification
- Vibration Monitoring During Construction