Couture Condominium is a 42 storey luxury residential tower in downtown Toronto. HGC Engineering was contracted to perform construction vibration monitoring and assessments during and in advance of the construction. Of particular concern was the adjacent St. Paul’s Anglican Church, a heritage-designated house of worship whose first phase of construction dates back to 1857. Wireless remote vibration sensors were placed at strategic locations near the church and in other areas within the zone of influence. At the first sign of vibration disturbances beyond established thresholds, HGC staff were automatically alerted and immediately contacted construction site management in order to assess and mitigate the cause. HGC was also responsible for all acoustical, noise and vibration related aspects of this project.
Acoustical Engineering Services Included:
- Building Acoustical Review
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC and Electrical Systems)
- Acoustical Privacy Between Suites
- Noise and Vibration Control of Amenity Spaces (Fitness Centre, Movie Room, Pool, etc)
- Window Acoustical Review
- Vibration Monitoring During Construction