The Art Shoppe Condos-Lofts sits on the former site of the project’s namesake, an upscale furniture retailer which had been in operation since 1936. The 28 storey luxury residential development includes 624 units and features lobbies designed by fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld. When completed the building will also house a major grocer and a furniture store on its first two floors. Amenities include an outdoor pool and hot tub area, a rooftop lounge, a fitness center, a party room, a wine tasting den, a private theatre, and a kids play zone. HGC Engineering has been providing comprehensive acoustical engineering for the project including noise control consulting for the commercial grocery tenant.
Acoustical Engineering Services Completed and to be Delivered Include:
- Building Acoustical Review
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, Pumps, Compactors, Generators, etc)
- Acoustical Privacy Between Suites
- Noise and Vibration Control of Amenity Spaces (fitness center, party room, a private theatre, kids play zone)
- Window Acoustical Review
- Façade and Glazing Specification