Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Developer: Fernbrook Home/Cityzen
Architects: MAD Architects and Burka Architects
HGC Engineering designed comprehensive noise and vibration control solutions for this new luxury residential high-rise landmark. Nicknamed the “Marilyn Monroe buildings” due to their curved shapes, this two tower, 56-storey project was, in 2012, judged to be the best tall buildings in North America by the respected International Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat.
In the design phase of the project, we reviewed drawings and identified potential sources of noise and vibration throughout the development, particularly from mechanical systems, and then proposed cost-effective remedies.
We recommended appropriate construction methods and materials to control both noise and vibration as set by building code requirements and developer expectations. We also assessed environmental noise from nearby traffic to determine their impact on the project and its future occupants. We then assisted developers in integrating suitable noise features into the building envelope.
Acoustical Consulting Services Included:
- Environmental Noise and Vibration Study
- Building Services Noise and Vibration control (HVAC Systems, Pumps, Compactors,Generators, etc)
- Acoustical Privacy Between Suites
- Noise and Vibration Control of Amenity Spaces (Aquatic and Fitness Centres, Party Rooms, etc)
- Façade and Glazing Specification
- Shop Drawing Review
- Site Inspections