Join our dynamic team as a Junior Acoustical Engineer, providing consulting services in noise, vibration, and acoustics on projects across Canada, the United States, and abroad. With support and guidance from your experienced teammates, you’ll work with clients across a wide range of market categories including commercial, residential, industrial, academic, civic/institutional, scientific/healthcare, transportation, defense/security, and various others. The projects you’ll be a part of will also be varied, including assessment and control of noise and vibration within and between sensitive spaces in a variety of building settings and from transportation sources and industrial facilities, architectural acoustics, vibration isolation of buildings/structures, and more. The volume and variety of our clients and projects offer a balance of familiar tasks and new challenges that will promote continuous engagement and development throughout your career.
HGC Engineering is proudly Canadian and one of the country’s largest employee-owned consulting firms specializing exclusively in noise, vibration, and acoustics. The company is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, where its foundations were laid in 1994; we also have a growing office in Calgary, Alberta. You’ll be joining a team of nearly 40 professionals who collaborate enthusiastically with our clients to apply an unmatched depth of knowledge, experience, and innovation to address unique challenges across the full spectrum of noise, vibration, and acoustics.
Your Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with and learn from our experienced team to develop optimal solutions for our client’s unique projects/challenges
- With guidance and support from intermediate/senior teammates:
- Conduct field inspections and measurements of noise/vibration/acoustics using state-of-the-art instrumentation and techniques
- Review project-related technical documents and drawings
- Analyze data using commercial software packages and in-house tools
- Develop/evaluate solutions and alternatives with client input
- Prepare technical reports and present to clients as needed
- Grow your skills and know-how over time toward developing areas of focus in technical expertise and market sectors
- Act as an ambassador of HGC Engineering to clients, regulators, and other collaborators
- Provide support to our engineering and administrative teams as needed
Your Characteristics, Skills & Knowledge
- Highly organized, reliable, innovative, and energetic as well as a quick learner
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written (having those skills in other languages is an asset)
- Able to perform work with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, judgment, and diplomacy
- Self-motivated with proven ability to effectively manage, adapt and remain action-oriented amidst multiple/shifting priorities, to organize tasks and meet milestones/deadlines
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a personal vehicle for travel to client sites
- Able to work outdoors in various weather conditions and locations, and comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces, as may be required (for which training will be provided as appropriate/required)
Your Education & Career Experience
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, physics, acoustics, or a related field of study
- Current registration or qualifications to register with PEO as an EIT or PEng
- Preferred or considered an asset:
- Education and/or work experience in noise/vibration/acoustics
- Having worked in a dynamic consulting environment and/or in any of the architecture, engineering, and construction industries
- Experience with digital measurement instrumentation and/or field inspections
More About Us and What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with opportunities for professional growth and advancement. All our employees share a strong commitment to excellence in our work, client satisfaction and a strong work ethic. But we also take the time to balance work with downtime activities that foster strong relationships among co-workers and good health.
We are an enthusiastic, cooperative, and supportive team focused on embracing and nurturing the unique talents and strengths of each of our team members to deliver innovative solutions that have a positive impact on our clients and the communities they operate in and serve.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are key priorities at HGC Engineering, and we are committed to a workplace environment that is fair, accessible, and respectful for all employees.
If you want to be part of a strong, dynamic team, then this may be the role for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this position please reply with your resume, cover letter and most recent transcript to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submitted without a cover letter and transcript will not be reviewed.
Please note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.