Howe Gastmeier Chapnik Limited (HGC Engineering) is seeking a Junior Engineer-in-Training to provide Consulting Engineering services in the fields of acoustics, noise, and vibration to clients across Canada and abroad. This is a permanent position at our Mississauga office.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
The successful candidate will provide junior level acoustical consulting services in environmental noise/vibration assessment and control. Project tasks will include field noise/vibration measurements, analysis of data, acoustical modelling, development of control options, and preparation of written reports, all while interfacing and collaborating with clients and their representatives.
There will also be opportunities to collaborate on projects such as noise and vibration impact assessments of road, rail and air traffic; building noise and vibration control; dynamic structural/building vibration isolation; acoustical engineering for land development; architectural acoustics; and R & D of new products and systems.
· BASc in Engineering
· Membership in PEO is an asset. All our technical staff are encouraged to work towards becoming PEO licence holders
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Self-motivated; ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and remain action-oriented in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Well organized to manage and prioritize multiple projects
· Professional and respectful
· Some related acoustical experience preferred
· Physically capable of working on industrial sites, including at heights or outdoors in various weather conditions and locations
· Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle
· Possession of valid passport and ability to travel internationally when required
About HGC Engineering
Equity, diversity and inclusion are key priorities at HGC Engineering and we are committed to a workplace environment that is fair, accessible and respectful for all employees.
We are an enthusiastic, cooperative, and supportive team focused on embracing and nurturing the unique talents and strengths of each of our team members to deliver innovative solutions that have a positive impact on our clients and the communities they operate in and serve.
Established in 1994 and employee owned, HGC Engineering is one of North America’s largest and most experienced engineering consulting firms specializing exclusively in noise, vibration, and acoustics. HGC Engineering has been a valued supporting partner to leading industries, planners, engineering groups, environmental consultants and lawyers, as well as Environmental Health & Safety specialists across Canada, the US, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle East.
Application deadline: 2021-12-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $56,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
HGC Engineering requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Remote working will be limited during the initial training period, but opportunities for remote work will increase after probation period is completed.
To apply for this position please email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. All responses will be kept confidential. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.