Join our dynamic team as a General Manager, to play a pivotal role in driving the operations of our growing company. Reporting to the President, you will be responsible for executing the company’s strategic vision, ensuring operational excellence, fostering collaboration across divisions, and overall organizational success. You will oversee day-to-day operations, develop/implement systems and processes, allocate and optimize resources, and align operational activities towards maximizing productivity and efficiency across the entire company. Your expertise will be instrumental in supporting our expansion efforts into western and eastern Canada and the United States. Our team moves quickly, so we’re looking for someone who builds trust through competence and taking personal responsibility while bringing initiative and tenacity to everything they do.
HGC Engineering is proudly Canadian and one of the country’s largest employee-owned consulting firms specializing exclusively in noise, vibration, and acoustics. The company is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, where its foundations were laid in 1994; we also have growing satellite operations in both Canada and the United States. You’ll be joining a team of nearly 40 professionals who are committed to delivering clear and practical solutions for a diverse range of projects.
Your Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Operational Leadership:
- Execute the company’s strategic plan and promote operational excellence across all divisions.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, ensuring efficient and effective execution of business activities.
- Team Collaboration:
- Oversee and support collaboration among Division Managers, Regional Managers, supervisors, and individual contributors to achieve collective goals.
- Facilitate cross-functional communication and alignment.
- Division Management:
- Directly manage Division/Regional Managers, providing guidance, support, and coordination for their responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Division/Regional Managers to ensure synergy and alignment with overall company goals.
- Project Oversight:
- Provide oversight of major projects and initiatives, ensuring timely completion and adherence to quality standards.
- Collaborate with project managers to address challenges and optimize project delivery.
- Performance Metrics:
- Define and communicate key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of operational and strategic objectives.
- Regularly assess Divisional, Regional, and project performance against established metrics.
- Resource Allocation:
- Optimize resource allocation, including personnel, budget, and other assets, to support strategic initiatives.
- Ensure efficient use of resources across divisions.
- Decision-Making Authority:
- Collaborate with the President to make key strategic decisions.
- Exercise decision-making authority within the scope of operational and tactical activities.
- Stakeholder Liaison:
- Act as a liaison between Divisional/Regional Managers, and the President, facilitating communication and addressing concerns.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
Your Characteristics, Skills & Knowledge
- Management & Development Experience: Proven management skills and the ability to guide and evaluate the performance of direct reports.
- Change Management: Experience with change management and the ability to adapt to evolving business environments.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication and interpersonal skills to engage with senior managers, supervisors, etc.
- Operations Experience: Strategic planning and execution experience with a demonstrated ability to foster operational efficiency and collaboration.
- Conflict Resolution: Proficiency in conflict resolution and negotiation, as decisions of the Senior Leadership Team and/or President may involve different stakeholders with varying interests.
- Innovation and Technology Awareness: A willingness to explore new technologies and innovative solutions to foster business growth and efficiency.
- Adaptability: The ability to adapt to the company’s culture and values, aligning with its Noble Purpose and goals.
Your Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 5+ years experience in a leadership role, preferably as a Division Manager in a similar-sized organization.
- Experience developing and implementing systems/processes and associated change management.
- Acoustical engineering experience considered an asset.
More About Us and What We Offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A flexible remote working policy.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, with semi-annual performance bonuses and long-term potential for share ownership.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact in a dynamic and growing company.
All our employees share a commitment to technical excellence, client satisfaction, and a strong work ethic. We balance that with a strong culture that fosters genuine relationships among co-workers and good health.
We are an enthusiastic, cooperative, and supportive team focused on embracing and nurturing the unique talents and strengths of each of our team members to have a positive impact on our clients and the communities they operate in and serve. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are key priorities at HGC Engineering, and we are committed to a workplace environment that is fair, accessible, and respectful for all employees.
If you want to be part of a strong, dynamic team, then this may be the role for you. We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply with a resume and cover letter.
To apply for this position please reply with a resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Please note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.