Join our established Vibration Division as a Field Vibration Monitoring Specialist. Your role will involve the deployment, maintenance, and retrieval of vibration monitoring instrumentation on demolition/building and infrastructure project sites, primarily in the Greater Toronto Area. You will regularly interact with site representatives during visits to conduct inspections and noise/vibration measurements; the role also involves preparing regular summary reports.
There will also be opportunities to work with both junior and senior teammates and support other projects in Ontario, across Canada, the United States, and abroad. We serve clients across a broad range of market categories including commercial, residential, industrial, academic, civic/institutional, scientific/ healthcare, transportation, defense/security, and various others. Our projects are also quite varied, including assessment and control of noise and vibration within and between sensitive spaces in a variety of building settings and from transportation sources and industrial facilities, architectural acoustics, vibration isolation of buildings/structures, and more. The volume and variety of our clients and projects offer a balance of familiar tasks and new challenges that will promote continuous engagement and development throughout your career
HGC Engineering is proudly Canadian, and one of the country’s largest employee-owned consulting firms specializing exclusively in noise, vibration, and acoustics. The company headquarters are in Mississauga, Ontario, where the company laid its foundations in 1994; we also have a growing office in Calgary, Alberta. You’ll be joining a team of nearly 40 professionals who collaborate enthusiastically with our clients to apply an unmatched depth of knowledge, experience, and innovation to address unique challenges across the full spectrum of noise, vibration, and acoustics.
Your Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with and learn from our experienced team to efficiently and effectively perform site inspections and undertake vibration measurements;
- Install, maintain, and configure vibration monitoring equipment, and work with partners to accomplish these tasks;
- Regularly liaise with site staff and project management to maintain awareness of construction progress, and upcoming activities of significance to noise and ground borne vibration.
- With guidance and support from senior staff and assistance from teammates:
- Conduct regular site inspections and attended vibration measurements around construction sites;
- Review vibration data;
- Prepare update reports describing vibration measurements and monitoring;
- Manage aspects of your projects to meet client expectations and deadlines, working independently with minimal supervision, but with access to the support and resources you need;
- Act as an ambassador of HGC Engineering to clients;
- Provide support to our engineering and administrative teams as needed, potentially on a wide variety of projects in various locations and industries.
Your Characteristics, Skills & Knowledge
- Highly organized, reliable, innovative, and energetic as well as a quick learner;
- Experience coordinating and/or working on construction sites is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written (having those skills in other languages is an asset);
- Able to perform work with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, judgment, and diplomacy;
- Self-motivated with proven ability to effectively manage, adapt and remain action-oriented amidst multiple/shifting priorities, to organize tasks and meet milestones/deadlines;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a personal vehicle for travel to client sites;
- Willing and able to work outdoors in various weather conditions and locations;
Your Education & Career Experience
- A diploma in engineering technology or a related field, or an undergraduate degree in engineering, physics, acoustics, or a related field of study is required;
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience is preferred;
- Current registration or qualifications to register as a CET, EIT, or PEng preferred;
- Experience working in a dynamic consulting environment and/or in any of the architecture, engineering, and construction industries is preferred;
More About Us and What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with opportunities for professional growth and advancement. All our employees share a strong commitment to excellence in our work, client satisfaction and a strong work ethic. But we also take the time to balance work with downtime activities that foster strong relationships among co-workers and good health.
We are an enthusiastic, cooperative, and supportive team focused on embracing and nurturing the unique talents and strengths of each of our team members to deliver innovative solutions that have a positive impact on our clients and the communities they operate in and serve.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are key priorities at HGC Engineering and we are committed to a workplace environment that is fair, accessible, and respectful for all employees.
If you want to be part of a strong, dynamic team, then this may be the role for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this position please reply with a resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Please note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.