Howe Gastmeier Chapnik Limited (HGC Engineering) is looking for an Engineering Technologist who will work with Professional Engineers to conduct site inspections, field noise and vibration measurements, equipment procurement, maintenance, and calibration, client communication, and report writing. This is a permanent position at our Mississauga office.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
The successful candidate will be responsible for the deployment, retrieval and maintenance of noise and vibration measurement instrumentation, routine site inspections, attended noise and vibration measurements, and will regularly interact with site representatives and prepare written reports.
Projects will include noise and vibration monitoring in a variety of settings, and may include work supporting noise and vibration impact assessments for road, rail, air traffic and industrial noise sources, and other assessments related to architectural acoustics, mechanical noise and vibration in buildings, industrial noise, and/or acoustical engineering for land development, etc.
The ideal candidate will also possess the knowledge and skills necessary to assist our existing instrumentation support staff with the maintenance and repair of a variety of sound and vibration measurement equipment, including adherence to strict calibration schedules.
· Minimum diploma in Engineering Technology/Civil Engineering or equivalent
· Working towards or completed C.E.T or C.Tech preferred
Personal Characteristics and Skills
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Self-motivated; ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and remain action-oriented in a fast-paced environment
· Professional, self-motivated, and able to exercise independent judgment
· Well organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects
· Experience with the troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of basic electronic equipment and/or experience with the ISO 17025 Standard for the competence of calibration laboratories an asset
· Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle
· Physically capable of working outdoors in various weather conditions and locations, and comfortable working at heights and confined spaces, as may be required (appropriate training will be provided as necessary)
About HGC Engineering
Equity, diversity and inclusion are key priorities at HGC Engineering and we are committed to a workplace environment that is fair, accessible and respectful for all employees.
We are an enthusiastic, cooperative, and supportive team focused on embracing and nurturing the unique talents and strengths of each of our team members to deliver innovative solutions that have a positive impact on our clients and the communities they operate in and serve.
Established in 1994 and employee owned, HGC Engineering is one of North America’s largest and most experienced engineering consulting firms specializing exclusively in noise, vibration, and acoustics. HGC Engineering has been a valued supporting partner to leading industries, planners, engineering groups, environmental consultants and lawyers, as well as Environmental Health & Safety specialists across Canada, the US, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle East.
Application deadline: 2021-12-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $48,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
HGC Engineering requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
- Remote working will be limited during the initial training period, but opportunities for remote work will increase after probation period is completed.
To apply for this position please email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be kept confidential. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.