As our new Invoicing Specialist, you’ll be a key member of our administrative team, ensuring that our high volume of invoices get sent out each month with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism. Responsiveness, a service-oriented mindset, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities will be critical to your success. We’ve recently upgraded to a next-generation invoicing system, so you’re ideally someone who is adaptable and excited to help create and build new, more efficient invoicing processes. Our team moves quickly, so we need someone who builds trust through competence, and brings initiative and tenacity to everything they do.
HGC Engineering is proudly Canadian and one of the country’s largest employee-owned consulting firms specializing exclusively in noise, vibration and acoustics. We’re headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with a second office in Calgary, Alberta, but our clients are worldwide. You’ll be joining a team of nearly 40 professionals who collaborate enthusiastically with our clients to apply an unmatched depth of knowledge, experience and innovation to address unique challenges across the full spectrum of noise, vibration and acoustics.
Your Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Initiating projects within our invoicing software, including electronic filing of contractual documents, logging retainers, ensuring appropriate billing rates, attributing project budgets, etc.
- Collaborating with our engineers to develop and execute monthly invoicing schedules, including:
- Preparing/distributing draft invoices
- Updating draft invoices to incorporate input from our engineers
- Finalizing and seeking approval of invoices
- Issuing invoices to clients (both by e-mail and regular mail)
- Assisting with accounts receivable including telephone and email communication
- Reviewing and approving weekly employee time entries
- Compiling and data entry of payables information
- Assisting with general office-related administrative activities as required, and contributing as part of the administrative team to fulfill the variety of tasks necessary for the office to function effectively
Your Characteristics, Skills & Knowledge
- Maintain a professional attitude and positive outlook while working independently and responsibly with minimal supervision
- Dedicated to meeting deadlines while completing accurate, high-quality work
- Manage time well and can prioritize effectively and adapt to changing workloads
- Able to understand, track, reconcile and manipulate numbers
- Basic understanding of business and accounting principles, terms and financial functions
- Advanced knowledge of invoicing and payment processes/procedures is preferred
- Intermediate or greater knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
- Knowledge of BQE/CORE is considered a significant asset
Your Education & Career Experience
- A college diploma or university degree in accounting or related field
- Some experience in an invoicing or related role is preferred
More About Us and What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with opportunities for professional growth and advancement. All our employees share a strong commitment to excellence in our work, client satisfaction and a strong work ethic. But we also take the time to balance work with downtime activities that foster strong relationships among co-workers and good health.
We are an enthusiastic, cooperative, and supportive team focused on embracing and nurturing the unique talents and strengths of each of our team members to deliver innovative solutions that have a positive impact on our clients and the communities they operate in and serve.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are key priorities at HGC Engineering and we are committed to a workplace environment that is fair, accessible and respectful for all employees.
If you want to be part of a strong, dynamic team, then this may be the role for you. We look forward to hearing from.
To apply for this position please reply with a resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Please note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.