As our new Accounts Manager, you’ll work with senior management to oversee a significant portion of our finance/accounting and administrative functions. With the assistance of an Invoicing Specialist, your primary focus will be maintaining smooth and consistent flow of accounts receivable/payables, while monitoring and reporting key financial metrics to senior managers. To support the continued expansion of our operations, you’ll assist in identifying opportunities and implementing strategies for streamlining all facets of our finance/accounting and administrative functions. Our team moves quickly, so we need someone who builds trust through competence, and brings initiative and tenacity to everything they do.
HGC Engineering is proudly Canadian and one of the country’s largest employee-owned consulting firms specializing exclusively in noise, vibration and acoustics. We’re headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with a second office in Calgary, Alberta, but our clients are worldwide. You’ll be joining a team of nearly 40 professionals who collaborate enthusiastically with our clients to apply an unmatched depth of knowledge, experience and innovation to address unique challenges across the full spectrum of noise, vibration and acoustics.
Your Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Managing all facets of our invoicing systems and processes and supervising the Invoicing Specialist
- Preparing and maintaining project budgets, liaising with engineers to monitor project spends and interfacing with client invoicing portals
- Pursuing collections on priority accounts and keeping our engineers apprised of overdue accounts with work in progress
- Compiling and sorting documents, such as invoices and checks and substantiating business transactions
- Monitoring and preparation of monthly reports on key financial metrics
- Developing and maintaining systems and procedures related to finance, accounting and administrative functions (including identifying opportunities and implementing strategies for streamlining and improving) while ensuring consistency across the organization
- Assisting with review of client contracts/terms, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Overseeing day-to-day administrative functions
- On-boarding and training of new staff on administrative policies and procedures
- Working with senior management as needed on special projects/initiatives related to the role
Your Characteristics, Skills & Knowledge
- Maintain a professional attitude and positive outlook while working independently, responsibly and proactively with minimal supervision
- Dedicated to meeting deadlines while completing accurate, high-quality work
- Manage time well and can prioritize effectively and adapt to changing workloads
- Able to develop innovative solutions when encountering unexpected challenges or roadblocks
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with various business stakeholders (senior management, engineering staff, clients, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
- Knowledge of Sage or BQE/CORE is considered a significant asset
Your Education & Career Experience
- A university degree in business, finance, accounting or a related field is required
- At least five years of professional experience is required
- Experience in a Professional Services consulting firm (engineering/environmental/planning) is considered an asset, as is supervisory experience
More About Us And What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with opportunities for professional growth and advancement. All our employees share a strong commitment to excellence in our work, client satisfaction and a strong work ethic. But we also take the time to balance work with downtime activities that foster strong relationships among co-workers and good health.
We are an enthusiastic, cooperative, and supportive team focused on embracing and nurturing the unique talents and strengths of each of our team members to deliver innovative solutions that have a positive impact on our clients and the communities they operate in and serve.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are key priorities at HGC Engineering and we are committed to a workplace environment that is fair, accessible and respectful for all employees.
If you want to be part of a strong, dynamic team, then this may be the role for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this position please reply with a resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Please note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.