Howe Gastmeier Chapnik Limited (HGC Engineering) is looking for a Junior/Intermediate Engineer-in-Training or Engineer to provide Consulting Engineering services in acoustics, noise, and vibration to clients across Canada and abroad. This is a permanent position at our growing Calgary office.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
The successful candidate will provide acoustical consulting services in building science to a broad range of architecture, engineering, and developer companies. Project tasks will include site inspections, acoustic field measurements, document and drawing reviews, analysis of data and control options, and preparation of written reports. In addition to the above, projects may also include noise and vibration impact assessments with regard to road, rail, air traffic and industrial noise sources; architectural acoustics; dynamic vibration of buildings and structures; environmental noise; industrial noise control; building isolation; building noise and vibration control; acoustical engineering for land development; and Research & Development of new products and systems.
Education & Associations
- BASc in Engineering
- Membership in APEGA is an asset. All our technical staff are encouraged to work towards becoming Professional Engineer licence holders
Personal Characteristics & Experience
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-motivated; ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and remain action-oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Professional and respectful
- Well organized to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Experience with the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry is an asset
- Related acoustical experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle
- Physically capable of working outdoors in various weather conditions and locations, and comfortable working at heights and confined spaces, as may be required (appropriate training will be provided as necessary).
- Possession of valid passport and ability to travel to the USA or internationally when required.
To apply for this position, please provide a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HGC Engineering is one of North America’s largest and most experienced engineering consulting firms specializing exclusively in noise, vibration, and acoustics. Since 1994, HGC Engineering has become an international leader in the measurement, assessment, and mitigation of noise and vibration, having worked with thousands of clients in a wide variety of industries across Canada, the US, the Caribbean, Europe, and the Middle East.