Howe Gastmeier Chapnik Limited (HGC Engineering) is looking for a Junior/Intermediate Engineer-in-Training or Engineer to provide Consulting Engineering services in acoustics, noise, and vibration to clients across Canada and abroad. This is a permanent position at our growing Calgary office.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
The successful candidate will provide acoustical consulting services in building science to a broad range of architecture, engineering, and developer companies. Project tasks will include site inspections, acoustic field measurements, document and drawing reviews, analysis of data and control options, and preparation of written reports. In addition to the above, projects may also include noise and vibration impact assessments with regard to road, rail, air traffic and industrial noise sources; architectural acoustics; dynamic vibration of buildings and structures; environmental noise; industrial noise control; building noise and vibration control; and Research & Development of new products and systems.
Education & Associations
· BASc in Engineering
· Membership in APEGA is an asset. All our technical staff are encouraged to work towards becoming Professional Engineer license holders
Personal Characteristics & Experience
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Self-motivated; ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and remain action-oriented in a fast-paced environment
· Professional and respectful
· Well organized to manage and prioritize multiple projects
· Experience with the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry is an asset
· Related acoustical experience preferred
· Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle
· Physically capable of working outdoors in various weather conditions and locations, and comfortable working at heights and confined spaces, as may be required (appropriate training will be provided as necessary).
· Possession of valid passport and ability to travel to the USA or internationally when required.
About HGC Engineering
Equity, diversity and inclusion are key priorities at HGC Engineering and we are committed to a workplace environment that is fair, accessible and respectful for all employees.
We are an enthusiastic, cooperative, and supportive team focused on embracing and nurturing the unique talents and strengths of each of our team members to deliver innovative solutions that have a positive impact on our clients and the communities they operate in and serve.
Established in 1994 and employee owned, HGC Engineering is one of North America’s largest and most experienced engineering consulting firms specializing exclusively in noise, vibration, and acoustics. HGC Engineering has been a valued supporting partner to leading industries, planners, engineering groups, environmental consultants and lawyers, as well as Environmental Health & Safety specialists across Canada, the US, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle East.
Application deadline: 2021-12-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
HGC Engineering requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Remote working will be limited during the initial training period, but opportunities for remote work will increase after probation period is completed.
To apply for this position please reply with a resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be kept confidential. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.